Thursday, March 12, 2009

A thank you to Scott

There are some really good, decent, honest people around. Take Scott (his real first name). Yesterday I sold him a product and due to a moment of aberration on my part charged him $200.00 less than I should have. He paid cash. I realised my error a few moments after he had driven away. I had his mobile phone number so gave him a call to explain the situation. He agreed to come back and pay later that day.

Late in the afternoon he called to say that he could not make it but would be in early the next morning. I had no trouble with this because I knew, I just knew, with a gut certainty, that he would keep his word and come back and pay me.

I was quite busy in the morning but in came Scott, slapped $200 on my desk with the words, “This is for you” and left before I could thank him. I did send a text message, via his mobile, to thank him, which he acknowledged with a “No problems. Cheers” reply.

I do not even know his full name or where he lives. His honesty is an example of what one always hopes to experience but unfortunately seldom does today. So Scott, where ever and whoever you are, thanks mate, you are a star. You have confirmed my faith in human nature and I am sure your clear conscience will let you sleep well tonight.

Cheers.

No comments: