Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Carpets

For the benefit of my readers, my writing has been disrupted by painting and carpets. Let me explain. We, my wife and I, with the assistance of my daughter and son-in-law have been painting our house. Those of you who have attempted this will know that this is no light matter. Especially when the colours - old to new – require more than one coat of paint to affect the change. At the same time we have changed from vertical window blinds to horizontal wooden ‘venetian’ blinds. Then once the painting was done we called in the carpet layers. To finalise the painting, change the blinds and get the carpets done took about four days, all up.

To do all this we had to move all the furniture out of the house (a double story ‘Town House’), some into the garage and, there being no rain likely in Perth for a while yet, some went into our little courtyard. We slept on a matrass on the floor. This was quite literally a pain for me as my ‘new’ knee joint has not yet got full articulation, so it is quite a struggle to both get down to floor level and to get up. Kneeling is the problem. All this meant that I was computerless and for two nights and we were TVless as well!

It was all worth it as the house looks very good now, all repainted with new window blinds and newly carpeted throughout!

No comments: