Thursday, June 18, 2009

More on my new knee

For those of my many readers who are interested in my personal life history I am pleased to announce that my replaced left knee joint is doing well ( you will recall that I had an operation on 2nd November 2008 to replace an arthritic left knee).

I had a check-up earlier this week and everyone was impressed with my progress. The physio was pleased that I am extending my range of movement to around 116 degrees from a straight leg – I believe that most people, with the knee they were born with, have between 127 and 133 degrees of movement. With a replacement knee they are generally happy if the patient has anything over 90 degrees.

The surgeon was happy. He always admires his handiwork and says that I have a very straight scar, which is true. He suggested that he next sees me in about 6 months time – just past the anniversary.

I just thought you would like to share the good news.

No comments: